05 Market Ecosystem Analysis
In this advance course module, you will learn how the individual players interact wit each other on the micro-structure level of the markets.
After successfully completing this course module, you should be able to:
- (051) describe the macro-structure of financial markets that is relevant for day traders,
- (052) explain the constraints of big market participants and what constitutes informed order flow,
- (053) recognize how HFTs react to informed order flow,
- (054) understand the role of opportunistic traders in the game of trading,
- (055) explain how market fragmentation and the fee structure of trading venues may affect institutional order execution for stocks, futures, FX and cryptocurrencies.
- Practical exercises to emulate order execution algorithms facilitate your learning progress and understanding of how institutional traders operate on the micro-structure level of financial markets.
- The quizzes and final exam help you reinforce the understanding of the course material so you can put it into practice later on.
- selected articles and research papers from the areas of buy-side institutions and high frequency trading
The finding of this course module are the foundation for developing a trading approach in 06 Algo Order Flow Strategies, in order to benefit form the structural limitations of other market participants.
|050 Market Ecosystem – Introduction||00:05:00|
|051 General Market Framework||00:09:00|
|052 Long-Term Fundamental Traders||00:30:00|
|053 High Frequency Traders and Market Makers||00:12:00|
|054 Opportunistic Traders||00:12:00|
|055 Exchanges and Alternative Trading Venues||00:10:00|
|056 Module exam||01:15:00|