05 Market Ecosystem Analysis
In this advanced course you will learn about market microstructure and in particular:
- how the investment process and order execution benchmarks of institutions drive their trading decisions,
- how market makers and HFTs possibly detect and react to institutional order flow, and
- where you stand as an individual among other opportunistic traders in today’s algo-driven futures and equities markets.
- Hands-on exercises emulating order execution algorithms will reinforce your learning process and understanding of the market’s microstructure from the perspective of institutional trader types.
- Unit quizzes and the course exam reinforce knowledge retention and your understanding of the presented material.
- selected industry resources intended for buy-side institutions and
- research on how HFT activity affects market liquidity and the intra-day profitability of different trader types.
The findings of this course module are the foundation for developing a framework for exploiting the constraints of other market participants in 06 Algo Order Strategies.
|050 Market Ecosystem – Introduction||00:05:00|
|Who are the players in the game?|
|051 General Market Framework||00:08:00|
|052 Long-Term Fundamental Traders||00:00:00|
|052 Assignment — Institutional algo simulation||10, 00:00|
|053 High Frequency Traders and Market Makers||00:00:00|
|054 Opportunistic Traders||00:00:00|
|055 Exchanges and Alternative Trading Venues||00:00:00|
|Course module exam|
|056 Module exam||01:00:00|